Friday, November 21, 2014

GoogleSites

GoogleSites is a website from Google I used to create my own website that I will be helpful for me when I become a teacher. This website was free and really simple to use. The only issue I encountered while creating my website was the spacing on the text was hard to adjust. Some of the text had gaps in it. However, the more I edited, the better it looked. Other than the text issue, the website was practical and efficient. It offered backgrounds, pre-designed templates, and numerous fonts to choose from. It had easy navigational links and editable boxes to help the user know how and where to paste, type, edit, or create text or pictures. I will use this software in my future classroom to relay information to students, parents, administration, and co-workers. I believe that having a free website that is easy to use will be invaluable to me as a future teacher. I can use this website to post schedules, material and supply lists, grades, rubrics, contact information, classroom news, and other important information. I think this assignment was the most helpful assignment to me, because I never realized how easy it can be to create a professional, simple to use website. Using software like GoogleSites will help teachers to follow ISTE Standards by promoting and modeling how to use digital technology, and using technology to engage in professional growth. Here is a link to my website:


No comments:

Post a Comment